3 cups all purpose flour
3 cups water
3 tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup milk powder (bear brand or alaska or nido)
1/2 cup margarine / butter
1 tbsp. vanilla, grated cheese
1.In a mixing bowl place all dry ingredients except the cheese and blend well.
2. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Gradually add water until homogeneous.
3. Add the melted butter & vanilla and mix well.
4. Place enough amount of batter in a paper lined puto moulder and steam for 10-15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle grated or thinly sliced cheese on top and steam for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
350 g shrimps peeled and deveined
350 g calamare cut into 5 cm sqaures
1 red pepper, large size, cut into strips
2 red chili pepper, chopped
1 onion, medium size cut into wedges
3 green onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves
100 g baby corn, cut into halves, lengthwise
2 tbsp black beans, canned, drained
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp ginger, fresh, grated
3 tsp corn flour
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp patis/ fish sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
2. In a small bowl dissolve corn flour in ½ cup water then pour over beans mixture and stir until well combined.
3. In a wok heat and stir oil and onion for 1 minutes then add red pepper and baby corn and stir for another 2 minutes.
4. Add shrimps and calamare and cook until it curls. Add sauce and simmer stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Add green onion and serve immediately.
Sinigang na Bangus / Milkfish
1/2 kilo of fish
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 head garlic, minced
2-3 pieces of taro, peeled and cut into 2×2-inch cubes
1 bunch of kangkong (leaves and upper stalks only)
1 bunch kamote tops (leaves only) or any vegetable leaves
2 eggplants, sliced
1 green chili pepper
1 pack of “sinigang” mix good for 1 liter of soup or 3 Tamarind / 3 eva
1 tbsp. cooking oil
salt or patis (salted fish sauce)
2. Heat oil in a big saucepan or casserole. Saute garlic. Add onions, chili pepper and tomatoes. Stir until onions are transparent and tomatoes start to crumble.
3. Add 1 liter of water and salt or patis. Add taro. Bring to a boil. Simmer until taro is almost tender.
4. Add the eggplant and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in the sinigang mix / add tamarind/eva . Next, add the fish and simmer for 5-10 minutes, depending on how big your fish pieces are. Add kangkong and kamote tops. Simmer for another minute then remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.