Davao City, Philippines - 6 more students tested positive for A(H1N1) flu virus, so far affected school are San pedro College, STI, hOLY Cross of Davao suspended classes for 10 days, Ateneo de davao university take action to prevent this virus spread.
The new confirmed affected students are now under quarantine by DOH
Despite the increase, There was no AH1N1 outbreak in the city Swine flu "not a cause for alarm."
Emphasize early and appropriate health seeking behavior to the general public as we prepare for the increase in flue cases during rainy days. For those with mild symptoms, stay at home, take supportive treatment, vitamins and plenty of rest. Immediately see a doctor if you have pre- existing conditions plus flu symptoms said DOH.
There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, Doctors recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.